Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, August 5, 2013

Watermelon Jelly


WATERMELON JELLY

6 C. pureed Watermelon
5 C. white sugar
1/2 C bottled or fresh lemon juice
1 pkg Pectin

Cut up the watermelon. It is important to remove all the seeds and then I just put the pieces in the blender and let it go. As it finished I measured it out into a large pot.

Then you add sugar and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a boil. Once the temperature gets to 220 degrees you can add the pectin. Then it continues to boil for another five minutes.

Remove from heat and pour into clean, steril jars and then you can use a water bath to seal. I just made sure they cooled and put them in the fridge. When you are all finished you have these beautiful jars of jelly. I had various sizes but there were roughly 9 8oz. jars when I finished

No comments:

Post a Comment


Click Me! :D