Friday, April 26, 2013
I just looked up the FAQs at http://www.glowstickfactory.com/pages/Glow-Stick-FAQ.html
For those concerned about safety:
What happens if I get the chemicals on my clothes?
With normal use this is not an issue, but if you happen to puncture the outer tube and get fluid on your clothes simply wash with warm soapy water. In case of accidental spillage:
* Skin/Body - wash affected area with water.
* Clothing - Wash stained area with warm soapy water and allow soaking for 24 hrs if stain remains dry cleaning is advised.
* Contact with skin or eyes may cause temporary discomfort. Eventlink does not recommend products be broken or liquid poured onto skin. Our products are safe for all users though we recommend that children under 5 must have adult supervision. Do not puncture or split open.
Note: Do not bend activated glow sticks any more; excessive bending may break the plastic tube what will result in leakage.
Are glow sticks safe?
The liquid light source is non-toxic, no heat or harmful radiation is produced. Contact with the eyes or ingesting of the fluid should be avoided, as irritation will result. There is also the possibility of allergic reaction, please keep in mind that under normal use you will never come in contact with the fluid.
*The activated liquid even though non-toxic may contain tiny shards of glass which may cause injury should the light stick be punctured or split open. The liquid can permanently stain clothing or furniture and can cause skin or eye irritation. Some light stick products may contain small elements, posing choking hazards.
**Light sticks are not suitable for children under 5 years of age without adult supervision. Do not puncture or split open.
Do you have a question about glow sticks that we didn't cover? We will answer any questions you have about glow sticks and if your question is interesting enough we will include it in our FAQ with a "sumitted by Shopper U." notation. Contact Us.